Booking An Appointment:
Applications for Australian passports must be lodged in person (for full-validity passports). Children under 16 years do not need to attend interviews. You may book an appointment through the "Book Appointment" link above. Please note that schedules may be booked out in advance.
To lodge two applications at the same time, select Two (2) Passport Applications (Family) or for three applications, select Three (3) Passport Applications (Family).
If all requirements have been met and checks completed, a minimum of six (6) weeks to receive a passport. Further, allow an additional two to three (2-3) weeks if you wish to have your passports couriered.
Visiting Our Office
- You must have an appointment to visit our office. If you are unable to attend your interview appointment, please cancel your appointment online or notify us by sending an email to [email protected]
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time. We reserve the right to cancel your appointment if you are late.
Visas and Citizenship Enquiries
- The Consular Section does not process Citizenship or Visa applications and is not able to respond to Australian visa or citizenship enquiries.
- For citizenship and visa enquiries please contact the Department of Home Affairs, or through your ImmiAccount.
Further information can be found on our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
My Australian passport is still current but has less than six months’ validity. Can I still use it to enter Australia?
- Yes, border authorties will admit you to Australia even with less than six months' validity on your Australian passport. However, you will have to check with you airline and/or the relevant immigration authorities if you are transiting through another country. Commercial airlines offer flights to depart the Philippines.
- For dual nationals, the Department of Home Affairs advises that Australian citizens should use their Australian passport to enter and leave Australia. For further information, you may visit their information page: Travelling as a dual citizen (homeaffairs.gov.au)
- For further information in entering Australia, you may read our COVID-19 Updates page
Do I need to apply if I'm not planning to travel?
- Passport applications are voluntary and you may opt to apply for one if you have travel plans. Kindly allow a minimum of six (6) weeks to process your passport. Please do not make any travel plans until you receive your new passport.
What happens if my passport expires during this time?
- There is no penalty for letting your passport expire. Renewing a passport is a personal choice, but you may not be able to leave the Philippines without a valid passport. If you do plan to travel or need a passport for another reason, we encourage you to read our "Quick Guides for applying a passport" for requirements and information.
What if I need to travel unexpectedly due to an emergency?
- You may be eligible for an emergency passport, however, these passports are only valid for up to 12 months and don’t have a chip. Because of this, there are restrictions on using them in some countries. Check the visa requirements of any country you plan to enter or transit.
- Emergency passports are issued if you have confirmed travel plans and cannot await the six weeks processing period (excluding courier timeframes), and will be assessed on a by-case basis.
- Individual/s with parental responsibility over minors seeking to apply for an emergency will be required to provide consent.
- You may email [email protected] and explain your reasons in requiring an emergency passport. Please ensure you provide your contact details. We can generally issue an emergency passport within 2 working days (subject to approval).
Having received an emergency passport, how do I apply for a full validity passport?
- If you have been issued with a temporary or emergency passport, you must lodge a new passport application using the PC8 Application for an Australian Passport Overseas (not the renewal form) in person at our office. Adults may lodge at any location worldwide. For child applications, the application must be lodged at an office in the country where the child is physically located.
I was previously issued with a Limited Validity Passport (LVP) which will soon expire, how do I apply for a full validity passport?
- If you have were previously issued with a temporary LVP, you must lodge a new passport application using the PC8 Application for an Australian Passport Overseas (not the renewal form) in person at our office on, or before, the expiration of your LVP, to avail of gratis application. You will need to present all cardinal documents (eg: original birth certificate etc) in order to have the extra years placed on your passport. Should you fail to submit your application on, or before, the expiration of your LVP, additional fees may be payable. If you have any further queries regarding your LVP, please email us at [email protected].
- For further requirements, processing times, photo guidelines, and other information, visit: Adult Passport - First Adult Passport / Limited-Validity Passport Upgrade / Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport (embassy.gov.au)
Quick guides for applying a passport
Passport Application Process
- Adult Passport - Renewal
- Adult Passport - First Adult Passport / Limited-Validity Passport Upgrade / Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport
- Adult Passport - Change of name
- Adult Passport - Applying for concurrent passport
- Adult Passport - Replacement
- Child Passport - Under 18 years of age
If your passport has been lost/stolen, please call the Consular Section on +632 7757 8100 or send an email to [email protected]
Commencing 1 January 2019, the Australian Embassy in Manila is no longer able to accept cash payment for its Notarial and Passports services. Please ensure you bring a MasterCard or Visa card (including Visa Debit) or a manager’s cheque made payable to ''Australian Embassy Official'' for payment. We do not accept personal cheques. Payments are charged in Philippine pesos.
Please click the following link 'Passport Fees' for current fees.
Consular Section Contact Details
Level 23 Tower 2, RCBC Plaza 6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200, Metro Manila, The Philippines
Telephone: +63 2 7757 8100
Facsimile: +63 2 7757 8344
Email: [email protected]
List of Embassy Holidays