If you require consular assistance please email your enquiry to [email protected].
The Consular Section is open from 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday except for public holidays.
For after-hours emergencies please call +63 2 7757 8100 and follow the prompts to transfer (toll free) to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre in Canberra or call direct on +61 2 6261 3305.
Notice on attending appointments at the Australian Embassy
The Embassy will only allow entry to clients whose name appears on our appointment booking system and who is able to present a completed and signed application form. People assisting a client with a booking may be allowed entry, subject to security procedures. Parent/s of child applicants will be allowed to attend the appointment on their behalf - children under 16 y/o are not required to attend the interview.
All attendees will be required to present ID, and are subject to checks to ensure the safety of our office and adherence to health protocols.
1. Payment may only be done by Visa/Mastercard debit/credit card. No cash payments.
2. Present all original documents related to the passport application. Failure to do so will result in delays or non-acceptance of a passport application.
Parent/s of child applicants must provide their IDs and proof of their current residential address.
3. Blank applications are not available. All applications must be filled through the Australian Passport Office (passports.gov.au) portal and printed on A4 paper size.
4. Photos must be printed on high-quality, glossy paper. Photos printed on matte (dotted/spotted) paper are not acceptable. Please check our photo requirements for a guide to acceptable photos, and bring it with you to a professional photographer or photo studio as a guide.
Recommended Photo Studios:
- Island Photo
- General Photo
- Kodak Photo Studio
The photo studios have branches in and outside Metro Manila.
5. Ensure all dates are in Australian format dd/mm/yyyy.
6. Passport processing is a minimum of six weeks due to high volume of passport applications. Please do not make any travel plans until you receive your new passport.
Cancelling or rescheduling your appointment
You will be sent an email notifications through setmore.com each time an appointment is booked – it will contain an appointment cancellation/modification link and will appear as per below:
- If you want to modify an appointment, click "Reschedule" and you will receive a message on a new tab allowing you to modify the appointment.
- If you want to cancel an appointment, click "Cancel Appointment" and you will receive a message on a new tab asking you to confirm cancellation.
Please check your email's inbox and spam folders to access the notification.
Methods to Receive Passport Upon Its Arrival at the Embassy:
1. Via courier
Please provide a prepaid pouch which you may bring to your appointment or send to:
Level 23 Tower 2, RCBC Plaza 6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200, Metro Manila, The Philippines
The Embassy is aware that JRS Express offers prepaid pouch/envelopes. For more information on JRS branches and services, please visit JRS Express
2. Via collection
Applicants, Parent/s of child applicants, and authorized recipients may collect the passport every Friday (excluding Embassy public holiday) from 10:00AM to 12:00NN.
Authorized recipients must bring an authorization letter from the applicant or parent/s of the child applicant, and their valid ID.
A.) Renewing a Passport by courier
For an Adult passport renewal, you must be 18 years and over and you will need a passport that:
- was issued when you were aged 16 or older
- was issued on or after 1 January 2006
- had, when it was issued, at least two years’ validity
- has your current name, date of birth, place of birth and gender, and
- has not been reported lost, stolen, or cancelled.
If you can answer yes to all the above, complete your passport renewal application (PC7) online and return it to us by courier.
For more information, please visit this link - Guide for Adult renewal application (PC7) by courier (embassy.gov.au)
For Child passport renewal applications (PC8), the child must:
- be aged up to 15 years old and
- has held a previous Australian passport
If you can answer yes to the above, complete a PC8 passport application online and return it to us by courier.
For more information, please visit this link - Child Passport - Renewal by courier (up to 15 years old)
Note: Applications for first-time child applications and applicants aged 16 or 17 must be lodged in person.
B.) Renewing a Passport in Person
All other applications for Australian passports must be lodged in person. Children under 16 years are not required to attend interviews. You may book an appointment through the "Book Appointment" link above.
To lodge two applications at the same time, select Two (2) Passport Applications (Family) or for three applications, select Three (3) Passport Applications (Family).
If all requirements have been met and checks completed, a minimum of six (6) weeks to receive a passport. Further, allow an additional two to three (2-3) weeks if you wish to have your passports couriered.
If you have urgent travel, please contact us on +63 2 7757 8100 or [email protected] for further advice.
Visiting Our Office:
- You must have an appointment to visit our office. If you are unable to attend your interview appointment, please cancel your appointment online or notify us by sending an email to [email protected]
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time. We reserve the right to cancel your appointment if you are late.
Visas and Citizenship Enquiries:
- The Consular Section does not process Citizenship or Visa applications and is not able to respond to Australian visa or citizenship enquiries.
- For citizenship and visa enquiries please contact the Department of Home Affairs, or through your ImmiAccount.
Further information can be found on our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
My Australian passport is still current but has less than six months’ validity. Can I still use it to enter Australia?
- Yes, border authorties will admit you to Australia even with less than six months' validity on your Australian passport. However, you will have to check with your airline and/or the relevant immigration authorities if you are transiting through another country. Commercial airlines offer flights to depart the Philippines.
- For dual nationals, the Department of Home Affairs advises that Australian citizens should use their Australian passport to enter and leave Australia. For further information, you may visit their information page: Travelling as a dual citizen (homeaffairs.gov.au)
- For further information in entering Australia, you may read our COVID-19 Updates page
Do I need to apply if I'm not planning to travel?
- Passport applications are voluntary and you may opt to apply for one if you have travel plans. Kindly allow a minimum of six (6) weeks to process your passport. Please do not make any travel plans until you receive your new passport.
What happens if my passport expires during this time?
- There is no penalty for letting your passport expire. Renewing a passport is a personal choice, but you may not be able to leave the Philippines without a valid passport. If you do plan to travel or need a passport for another reason, we encourage you to read our "Quick Guides for applying a passport" for requirements and information.
What if I need to travel unexpectedly due to an emergency?
- You may be eligible for an emergency passport, however, these passports are only valid for seven months and don’t have a chip. Because of this, there are restrictions on using them in some countries. Check the visa requirements of any country you plan to enter or transit.
- Emergency passports are issued if you have confirmed travel plans and cannot await the six weeks processing period (excluding courier timeframes), and will be assessed on a by-case basis.
- All persons with parental responsibility over minors seeking to apply for an emergency passport will be required to provide consent.
- You may email [email protected] and explain your reasons in requiring an emergency passport. Please ensure you provide your contact details. We can generally issue an emergency passport within 2 to 3 working days (subject to approval).
Having received an emergency passport, how do I apply for a full validity passport?
- If you have been issued with a temporary or emergency passport, you must lodge a new passport application using the PC8 Application for an Australian Passport Overseas (not the renewal form) in person at our office. Adults may lodge at any location worldwide. For child applications, the application must be lodged at an office in the country where the child is physically located.
Quick guides for applying a passport
Passport Application Process
- Adult Passport - Renewal in person
- Adult Passport - Renewal by courier
- Adult Passport - First Adult Passport / Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport
- Adult Passport - Change of name
- Adult Passport - Applying for concurrent passport
- Adult Passport - Replacement
- Child Passport - Renewal by courier (up to 15 years old)
- Child Passport - First Passport or over 15 years old
If your passport has been lost/stolen, please call the Consular Section on +632 7757 8100 or send an email to [email protected]
Commencing 1 January 2019, the Australian Embassy in Manila is no longer able to accept cash payment for its Notarial and Passports services. Please ensure you bring a MasterCard or Visa card (including Visa Debit) or a manager’s cheque made payable to ''Australian Embassy in the Philippines'' for payment. We do not accept personal cheques. Payments are charged in either Philippine pesos or Australian dollars and change monthly, therefore be certain of the correct amount to be paid, especially if you intend to pay via manager's cheque.
Please click the following link 'Passport Fees' for current fees.
Consular Section Contact Details
Level 23 Tower 2, RCBC Plaza 6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200, Metro Manila, The Philippines
Telephone: +63 2 7757 8100
Facsimile: +63 2 7757 8344
Email: [email protected]
List of Embassy Holidays