The Australian Embassy Manila continues to accept passport applications during the coronavirus pandemic. We are open for passport applications at the Embassy only on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Appointments for passport applications must be booked online. Before booking an appointment, please read the relevant information and ensure you have all the requirements as we cannot proceed with your application if you do not bring the correct documentation.
To book an appointment, please click on the 'book appointment' button below.
If you are in a city or province where stay-at-home orders are in place, or there are restrictions preventing travel, you may apply for a temporary limited validity passport (LVP) (valid for up to 12 months) by mail. Please send us an email for further information. If there are no stay-at-home orders or travel restrictions in your location, please make an appointment at our office to lodge your application in person.
Please note this does not replace the process to renew a passport. If you choose to apply for a LVP, you pay the full costs up front as you would for a full validity passport (FVP). When restrictions ease you will need to present all cardinal documents (eg: original birth certificate etc) in order to have the extra nine years placed on your passport. Renewing a passport only requires your current passport and application form.
Visiting Our Office
- You must have an appointment to visit our office. If you are unable to attend your interview appointment, please cancel your appointment online or notify us by sending an email to [email protected]
- If you have a fever, cough or any COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your appointment. Please do not attend our office if you are ill or if you have had recent exposure to someone who is ill.
- Please do not bring friends or family members to your appointment. If you are applying for a child passport, both parents are welcome to attend.
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. Our Security will not allow you to enter the building prior to your appointment time.
- You must wear a mask. We will ask you to remove your mask briefly to confirm your identity.
- You may be asked to wash or sanitise your hands before commencing your interview.
- Restrooms will not be available for use at the Embassy. You will have to go to the restroom before your appointment. There are restrooms on the third level of Tower 2 where eating establishments are also located.
For enquiries, please email [email protected]
For the most updated travel advisory and other relevant information for Australians overseas, please ensure you subscribe to Smartraveller.
Telephone +63 2 7757 8100 local 309
Email [email protected]
For after-hours emergencies please call +63 2 7757 8100 and follow the prompts to transfer (toll free) to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre in Canberra or call direct on +61 2 6261 3305.
Visas and Citizenship Enquiries
- The Consular Section does not process Citizenship or Visa applications and is not able to respond to Australian visa or citizenship enquiries.
- For citizenship and visa enquiries please contact the Department of Home Affairs, or alternatively visit the VFS website , email: [email protected] or call +63 2 8790 4900.
Frequently Asked Questions
My passport is still current but has less than six months’ validity. Can I still use it to enter Australia?
Yes. There are still commercial airlines operating daily such as Qatar Airways, Philippine Airlines, Asiana, Cathay Pacific, Malaysian Airlines and ANA that offers flight to depart the Philippines.
Do I need to apply if I'm not planning to travel?
No. If you do not plan to travel and/or do not need a passport right now, you can wait until the COVID-19 situation stabilises before making an appointment at our office.
What happens if my passport expires during this time?
There is no penalty for letting your passport expire. Renewing a passport is a personal choice, but you may not be able to leave the Philippines without a valid passport. If you do plan to travel or need a passport for another reason, we encourage you to follow the steps above to apply for a passport.
What if I need to travel unexpectedly due to an emergency?
Please apply for an emergency passport as soon as possible by emailing [email protected] and explaining your reasons and we will contact you. Please ensure you provide your contact details. We can generally issue an emergency passport within 2 working days (subject to approval). If you need to travel more quickly, please call our office to discuss your situation.
Having received an emergency passport, how do I apply for a full validity passport?
If you have been issued with a temporary or emergency passport, you must lodge a new passport application using the PC8 Application for an Australian Passport Overseas (not the renewal form) in person at our office. Adults may lodge at any location worldwide. For child applications, the application must be lodged at an office in the country where the child is physically located.
Quick guides for applying a passport
Passport Application Process
- Adult Passport - Renewal
- Adult Passport - Applying for the first time and first adult application
- Adult Passport - Change of name
- Adult Passport - Applying for concurrent passport
- Adult Passport - Replacement
- Child Passport - Under 18 years of age
Cancelling or rescheduling your appointment
You will be sent an email notifications through setmore.com each time an appointment is booked – it will contain an appointment cancellation/modification link and will appear as per below:
- If you want to modify an appointment, click "Reschedule" and you will receive a message on a new tab allowing you to modify the appointment.
- If you want to cancel an appointment, click "Cancel Appointment" and you will receive a message on a new tab asking you to confirm cancellation.
- If you require assistance, please send your email to [email protected].
If your passport has been lost/stolen, please call the Consular Section on +632 7757 8100 or send an email to [email protected]
Commencing 1 January 2019, the Australian Embassy in Manila is no longer able to accept cash payment for its Notarial and Passports services. Please ensure you bring a MasterCard or Visa card (including Visa Debit) or a manager’s cheque made payable to 'Australian Embassy' for payment. We do not accept personal cheques. Payments are charged in Philippine pesos.
Please click the following link 'Passport Fees' for current fees.
Collecting your passport
Consular Section Contact Details
Level 23 Tower 2, RCBC Plaza 6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200, Metro Manila, The Philippines
Telephone: +63 2 7757 8100
Facsimile: +63 2 7757 8344
Email: [email protected]
List of Embassy Holidays