Step 1- Check your eligibility for a replacement passport.
Adults who are are running out of passport page and apply for a replacement Australian passpor using the Australian Passport Renewal Application Form (PC7) if the following are true:
- you are an adult (over 18 years old) or you are an adult (over 18 years old) who is renewing from a child passport and your most recent child passport was issued when you were 16 years or older, AND
- you are not changing any of your personal details on the passport, AND
- your most recent passport has not been reported lost/stolen AND
- your existing passport must have more than two years validity remaining, AND
- you are able to present your current passport at the passport appointment, AND
- you are able to answer the security questions to print the form.
Step 2 - Fill out your application form (PC7).
You may complete your form by online by visiting this link: https://online.passports.gov.au/.
This link will allow you to confirm that you are eligible to renew your adult passport.
Note: You cannot download blank forms.
After you have completed your form online, print it and sign inside the white box and date the application form. Make sure there are no alterations to signatures or dates.
Step 3 - Take two passport photos. Some photo shops may not have the most updated Australian passport photo specifications. Home-printed photos are usually not acceptable as there are strict requirements. Please carefully check the Passport photo guidelines to avoid rejection.
The “crown of head” is where the top of your skull would be if it were visible. It is not the top of your hair or the start of your hairline. Picture yourself bald and measure from the top of your skull to the tip of your chin.
Please clearly print your full name on the back of one photo. Your photographs do not need to be endorsed by someone else.
New policy on passport photos
Australia Passport Office no longer allows glasses in passport photos taken from 1 July 2018. Glasses may be allowed in rare circumstances where glasses cannot be removed for medical reasons (e.g. the applicant has severe light sensitivity or recently had eye surgery and glasses are necessary to protect their eyes). In these cases, a medical certificate is required to be presented at lodgement of the passport application. The medical certificate must be signed by a medical practitioner and state the medical reason glasses cannot be removed.
Step 4 – Lodge your application and pay the fee. Appointments for passport applications must be booked online. Before booking an appointment, please read the relevant information and ensure you have all the requirements as we cannot proceed with your application if you do not bring the correct documentation.
Things to bring:
- The completed and signed Australian Passport Renewal Application form. (if applicable)
- Two passport photos (see Step 3).
- Your most recent Australian passport. It is important to bring your most recent passport to be eligible for a replacement passport.
- A (Mastercard/Visa) credit or debit card to pay the fee or manager's check payable to ''Australian Embassy Official''.
- Prepaid self-address envelope from either JRS Express courier service (if you wish to have the passport delivered to you).
All passport applications/renewals lodged overseas will be charged an additional ‘Overseas Application Fee’ of $105.00 for adults (including senior citizens)
To book an appointment, please click on the 'book appointment' button below.
Cancelling or rescheduling your appointment
- You will send an email notifications through setmore.com each time an appointment is booked – it will contain an appointment cancellation/modification link and will appear as per below:
- If you want to modify an appointment, click "Reschedule" and you will receive a message on a new tab allowing you to modify the appointment.
- If you want to cancel an appointment, click "Cancel Appointment" and you will receive a message on a new tab asking you to confirm cancellation.
- If you require assistance, please send your email to [email protected].
Step 5 – Allow up to 15 working days of processing
Your passport will be processed within six (6) weeks. You may choose either to collect your passport or have it sent to your local address by courier. If choosing the courier service, kindly provide a self-addressed prepaid envelope either from JRS Express courier service. Your envelope is what we will use to send your passport to your nominated address.