Guarantor occupational groups: overseas lodgement
A Guarantor must be an Australian passport holder OR be in any of the following approved occupations/professions:
1. Certified Public Accountant
2. Bank Manager
3. Certified Lawyer
5. Registered Medical Practitioner (e.g. nurse, doctor or dentist)
6. Government Employee (with supervisory level or above, must have been employed continuously for five years by their current employer)
7. Teacher (full time, with more than five years’ experience teaching in a school)
8. Chartered or Certified Professional Engineer
9. Priest/Minister of Religion
The Guarantor must:
- be 18 years of age or over
- have known the applicant for at least 12 months (or, for children under one year, the guarantor must have known the child since birth)
- not be related to the applicant by birth, marriage, de facto or same sex relationship, or live at the applicant's address
- possess a current (unexpired) Australian passport that was issued with at least two years validity or be currently employed in an approved professional or occupational group. Please see the list above.
- endorse the back of one photo by writing 'This is a true photo of (applicant's full name)' and signing in black pen.