- From 1 July 2018 online lodgement will be the only option available for Transit (subclass771) visa applications.
- From the date of introduction of the online form, clients will no longer have access to, or be able to lodge, paper applications for this visa.
- A transit visa online application form will be available through ImmiAccount.
- The current paper application form will not be available or accepted by the Department after 30 June 2018.
If clients encounter a problem with submitting Transit visas online they can contact the department through the ImmiAccount technical support form
This visa is for clients who:
- transit through Australia and who do not qualify for transit without a visa or
- travel to Australia to join a vessel as crew.
A transit visa is required even if:
- you fly out on the same aircraft and from the same airport at which you arrived
- you stay in the transit lounge and do not leave the airport.
The Transit visa allows entry into Australia with a maximum stay of three (3) days (or 72 hours). A Transit visa should not be used as a 'three day visitor visa.'
For more information about applying for a Transit visa to Australia see: Transit Visa
Fees and Charges
There is Nil fee for a Transit Visa Application.