DIBP Processing Times
New visa processing times are now published on the Department’s website. See here for more information
Efficient processing of your application
- Apply online. See: Where to apply for a Visa
- Submit a complete application and upload all supporting documents to your online application. See: Attaching documents online Submitting a complete application is the single most important factor in allowing us to make a quick decision. See: application checklist
- Provide an e-mail address. This enables us to communicate with you quickly and efficiently.
- It may speed up processing if we can communicate with a third party (such as the sponsor) directly regarding your visa application. However, the disclosure of information to anyone other than the applicant is governed by the law (Privacy Act).Certain information about the application can only be provided if you give written consent. Under law DIBP are not allowed to communicate with a third party,unless we have recieved your your written consent via 'form 956' for us to do so. See: Agents See: Clients (including family friends querying the status of an application)
- If you are requested to provide further information, this should be scanned and uploaded to your ImmiAccount online application.
- When you contact us, provide your full name, date of birth, visa type, and visa number (eg EGO123456 or AUX123456). See Contact Us