Australian Embassy
The Philippines

Student visa

Studying in Australia

From 1 July 2016, all international students will apply for a single Student visa (subclass 500), regardless of the chosen course of study. 

Student guardians will apply for the new Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)

Family members of existing student visa holders (subclasses 570-576) will need to apply for a subclass 500 visa if they do not currently hold a student visa and want to join their family member in Australia.

For further information regarding Student visa requirements, lodging an application online and student visa evidentiary requirements, see:

Apply online

Apply online here: Student visa

Student visa evidentiary requirements

Applicants must provide complete and comprehensive evidence that supports their application at the time of visa lodgement. Applications may be refused if insufficient evidence is submitted at the time of lodgement. Guidance on the evidentiary requirements is provided as part of the online application process and further information is available on the Department's website: 

Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC)

When purchasing Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC), you must ensure that it covers the entire period of your intended stay in Australia.  The minimum accepted start date of OSHC is at least one week prior to the commencement of your course.   Your visa may be subject to cancellation if you do not have OSHC for the entire duration of your time in Australia. 

Acceptable Financial Institutions in the Philippines

DIBP monitors the financial sector in the Philippines and lists acceptable financial institutions which meet the definition of “financial institution” under Australia’s migration legislation. See: acceptable financial institutions 

Fees and Charges

See: Fees and Charges